Terms and Conditions 2021
South Afrifur Convention 2021 Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the application to attend the South Afrifur Convention 2020 (henceforth referred to but not limited to “South Afrifur” or “Convention” or “The Convention”) by you (hereafter referred to but not limited to “Attendee”).
- You must be 18 years of age from 26th June 2020 to participate.
- Upon entry, proof of age may be requested as well as a signed hard copy of these terms and conditions, which may be adjusted before the The Convention. Failure to comply may result in the Attendee being prohibited entry to The Convention and payments made being forfeited.
- The venue will have a fully-stocked bar, no alcohol will be allowed in from outside the venue.
- Payment Deadlines:
- Behaviour: South Afrifur reserves the right to prohibit entry of any person to the event, or eject any person from the South Afrifur event based on behaviour deemed inappropriate by the South Afrifur organisers and/or its agents and others working under its authority. Furthermore, we reserve the right to ban any person from future events at our discretion.
- Hate Speech and Symbols
- Under South African law, hate speech and the display of hate symbols are illegal. In compliance with the "Prevention and Combating of Hate Crimes and Hate Speech Bill" of 1996, we cannot allow hate speech or related displays at our event or any venue associated with it.
- Speech in any form that promotes or encourages discrimination, harassment, or violence based on race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, nationality, disability, refugee status, or other protected statuses is strictly prohibited.
- You are not allowed to wear, display or otherwise propagate symbols associated with the above or symbols relating to groups associated with the "alt furry" movement.
- The ban includes any sign or icon embodied in a physical object but also optical and acoustical symbols qualified to give an unbiased third party the impression of being a distinctive mark of any of organization or movement. It furthermore applies to variations or modifications similar enough to be mistaken for those symbols or intentionally obscured renderings of those symbols.
- Anyone found in violation of this rule may be banned from the convention, temporarily or permanently, at the convention's discretion and at any time before or during the event. Such bans can be based upon behaviour either at the convention or elsewhere, including online conversations public or private. Each situation will be decided by the convention staff internally. Any funds paid to the convention before such a ban may be forfeit. Warnings may or may not be given, depending upon the severity of the CoC violation.
- These rules are to ensure that our convention is a safe and welcoming place for furries of all backgrounds. They are also to ensure that the convention maintains a positive and moral public image and to protect the convention, its staff, and its attendees from criminal liability.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations must be received in writing. The first 25% of the total due is non-refundable. Cancellations after 1st June 2020 will result in 50% of the total fees being non-refundable, and no refunds of money paid will be given for cancellations after 15th June 2020.
- Ie. If your total booking fee was R2000, you have paid R1500 and cancel between 1st June 2020 and 15th June 2020, you will only be refunded R500 of the R1500 paid.
- Upon entering and agreeing to this contract, the contracting party also agrees to adhere to the terms and conditions set out by Ekudeni. If in the instance that an attendee is caught by Ekudeni staff violating any rules set out as per Ekudeni, the attendee in violation shall be escorted off the premises and will not be allowed back into The Convention.
- Any attendee that has not paid in full will not be admitted to The Convention.
- Sharing registrations: One registration may not be utilised by more than one individual
- Substitutions: Should a registrant be unable to attend, they may send one substitute in their place, provided that substitute has not already registered. South Afrifur must be given notice about any substitutions before 1st June 2020.
The organisers of South Afrifur will not be held responsible for the behaviour of attendees whilst on the property of Ekudeni. Any misconduct in terms of the conditions set out by the organisers of South Afrifur or Ekudeni will be dealt with accordingly and no refunds will be given. The South Afrifur organisers and Ekudeni reserve the right to remove any such person from the property.
Termination of contract
- Termination of the contract is subject to approval by the South Afrifur organisers.
- In the event of termination of the contract, the deposit and any payments made may be forfeited in accordance with the terms and conditions set out above.
- Termination of contract will have to be justified in writing with valid reasons for the cancellation of the contract.